Happy Fall Equinox
By Tara Sutphen
Autumn Equinox, 2nd Harvest, September 20/21/22 September 22, 2018 (Almanac)
Mabon, (pronounced MAY-bun, MAY-bone, MAH-boon, or MAH-bawn) is the Autumn Equinox. The Autumn Equinox divides the day and night equally, and we all take a moment to pay our respects to the impending dark. We also give thanks to the waning sunlight, as we store our harvest of this year’s crops. The Druids call this celebration, Mea’n Fo’mhair, and honor the The Green Man, the God of the Forest, by offering libations to trees. Offerings of ciders, wines, herbs and fertilizer are appropriate at this time. Wiccans celebrate the aging Goddess as she passes from Mother to Crone, and her consort the God as he prepares for death and re-birth.
Various other names for this Lesser Wiccan Sabbat are The Second Harvest Festival, Wine Harvest, Feast of Avalon, Equinozio di Autunno (Strega), Alben Elfed (Caledonii), or Cornucopia. The Teutonic name, Winter Finding, spans a period of time from the Sabbat to Oct. 15th, Winter’s Night, which is the Norse New Year.
At this festival it is appropriate to wear all of your finery and dine and celebrate in a lavish setting. It is the drawing to and of family as we prepare for the winding down of the year at Samhain. It is a time to finish old business as we ready for a period of rest, relaxation, and reflection.
Symbolism of Mabon:
– Second Harvest, the Mysteries, Equality and Balance.
Symbols of Mabon:
– Wine, gourds, pine cones, acorns, grains, corn, apples, pomegranates, vines such as ivy, dried seeds, and horns of plenty.
Herbs of Maybon:
– Acorn, benzoin, ferns, grains, honeysuckle, marigold, milkweed, myrrh, passionflower, rose, sage, solomon’s seal, tobacco, thistle, and vegetables.
Foods of Mabon:
– Breads, nuts, apples, pomegranates, and vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, and onions.
Incense of Mabon:
– Autumn Blend-benzoin, myrrh, and sage.
Colors of Mabon:
– Red, orange, russet, maroon, brown, and gold.
Stones of Mabon:
– Sapphire, lapis lazuli, and yellow agates.
Activities of Mabon:
– Making wine, gathering dried herbs, plants, seeds and seed pods, walking in the woods, scattering offerings in harvested fields, offering libations to
trees, adorning burial sites with leaves, acorns, and pine cones to honor those who have passed over.
Spellworkings of Mabon:
– Protection, prosperity, security, and self-confidence. Also those of harmony and balance.
Deities of Mabon:
– Goddesses-Modron, Morgan, Epona, Persephone, Pamona and the Muses. Gods-Mabon, Thoth, Thor, Hermes, and The Green Man.
Mabon is considered a time of the Mysteries. It is a time to honor Aging Deities and the Spirit World. Considered a time of balance, it is when we stop and relax and enjoy the fruits of our personal harvests, whether they be from toiling in our gardens, working at our jobs, raising our families, or just coping with the hussle-bussle of everyday life. May your Mabon be memorable, and your hearts and spirits be filled to overflowing!
Repost if you want
Sessions & Seminars
#Spell #health #Meditation #Sedona #spiritual #MoonRitual #spirits #MoonCeremony #success #Love #Mystic #wwwtarasutphencom #radio #tarasutphencom #Hypnotherapy #prayer #Happiness #Magic #weightloss #Sorcing #psychicreadings #Healing #Shaman #abundance #Hypnosis #celebration #Moon #weightloss #MoonSorce #intuition #wwwmoonsorcecom #Sorce #Shamanism #meditations #TaraSutphen #Abenda #astrology #FullMoon #wealth #Author #money #Hypnotist #nature #Psychic #tarasutphenmp3s #EnergeticHealing #PsychicPhenomena