Developing our communication skills By Tara Sutphen
1. Inner Knowing What are you interested in? Are you building your self-esteem and confidence. What are your personal skills that you’ve developed. They don’t need to be academic or athletic skills, they can be being a good friend, mother, father or liking pets.
2. Sincerity Connect with others when they are speaking. Your mind takes breathes, so you don’t always hear everything someone is saying to you. It’s easier in life if you are kind and leave everyone with a smile or appreciation.
3. Consistency We don’t do any favors to anyone if we can’t keep our word, pull our weight and practice what we preach. Emotional Consistency is a key ingredient to lasting happiness. Integrity to your family and those you love are important.
4. Compromise Knowing how to share.
5. Listening Building a bond
6. Be Polite Everyone deserves respect.
7. Ask & Receive Effectively ask questions. The Answers might not always be from the person you asked but if we are patient the answer will not elude us.
8. Sharing When we help and support others. Others help and support us.
9. Teaching When we contribute what we know, we allow others to create a way to take care of themselves. Everyone interprets their way of doing things.
10. Do not interrupt Listen more than talk
11. Ask questions Be interested about others and our world
12. Curiosity Don’t lose your curiosity, stimulate your mind by learning new things. Its considered one of the key things to staying youthful.